This bread is wonderful if served slightly warm with butter, and with it’s make-ahead qualities, keeping a loaf on hand is so easy. Make ahead and freeze, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to a month.
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oil (any kind will work)
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, mix the honey, eggs, oil and yogurt. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just until evenly moistened.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely before slicing.