You Will Need:
- 3.5 tsp. grass-fed gelatin (I use this one)
- 2 quarts raw milk
- a yogurt incubator (I use this one)
- a yogurt starter (I used this one)
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of cold raw milk in a wide mouth bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the top.
- Heat the milk up to 110 degrees. (mine got to 114, but that is okay. You just don’t want it to go past 118 as that kills most of the bacteria and enzymes in the milk.) While the milk is heating, add the gelatin/milk mixture to it and stir with a whisk until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour the starter culture into your yogurt incubator or a large bowl.
- Pour in a small amount of the heated milk on top of the starter and stir vigorously with a whisk. Then pour in the rest of the heated milk. I give it one more quick stir and then set it to incubate.
- This makes a nice thick yogurt once it has set in the fridge. Don’t add too much gelatin or you will get yogurt jell-o!