Delicious with turkey, ham, or chicken! You’ll want this all year long, not just during the holidays, so be sure to freeze some extra cranberries for later.
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AT CULTURES FOR HEALTH
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Granny Smith or Fuji apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup dates, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup whey or water kefir
- Combine all ingredients except whey or water kefir in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes, until slightly thick.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, sterilize four 8-ounce jars.
- When chutney is cool, divide among jars, leaving 1 to 2 inches headroom.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of whey or water kefir into each jar and cap securely. Ferment at room temperature for 2 days before refrigerating.