NATURAL FOOD STORES
EarthFare's Tumblrhttp://earthfare.tumblr.com/ In 1975, a “Mom & Pop” store called Dinner for the Earth opened in Asheville, NC, with a simple pledge—make it easy to shop for healthy food. Forty years later, Earth Fare has grown into a full-service supermarket with the highest Quality Standards, and the promise is more simple more than ever, “Healthy Food for Everyone.”
Whole Storyhttp://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/blog/whole-story The official Whole Foods market blog!
The Produce Box - Bloghttp://www.theproducebox.com/blog The Produce Box delivers fresh, local produce and specialty products like meats, cheese, bread and a lot more to homes and offices all over North Carolina.
Nourished Kitchenhttp://nourishedkitchen.com/ Nourished Kitchen is a traditional foods blog that explores the connection between culinary heritage, health and sustainable farming.
The Kitchnhttp://www.thekitchn.com/ Inspiring cooks and nourishing homes through daily recipes, tips, kitchen tours, how-tos, news, product reviews, giveaways, and cooking contests.
The Pioneer Womanhttp://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ Ree, also known as the Pioneer Woman, shares anecdotes from her life as her days “spent wrangling children, chipping dried manure from boots, washing jeans, and making gravy. I have no idea how I got here…but you know what? I love it. Don’t tell anyone!”
Smitten Kitchenhttp://smittenkitchen.com/ A home cooking weblog from a tiny kitchen in New York City. The place to find all of your new favorite things to cook.
Naturally Ellahttp://naturallyella.com/ Delivering healthy and easy recipes for every occasion
The 101 Cookbookshttp://www.101cookbooks.com/ A natural foods recipe journal
Kalyn's Kitchenhttp://www.kalynskitchen.com/ Kayln’s blog can help you find healthy low-carb recipes that are usually South Beach Diet friendly and often Gluten-Free, Paleo, or Vegetarian.
The Nourishing Gourmethttp://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/ A website devoted to sharing recipes for nourishing food, that is satisfying, family friendly and often frugal. She talks about many topics regarding health and food, and eco-friendly products.
Gluten Dudehttp://glutendude.com/ This gluten free blog is made up of a celiac community that is knowledgeable, passionate and snarky. Learn the truth about living gluten-free.
The Celiac Divahttp://www.theceliacdiva.com/ A blog & Online Show where the Diva Team dishes on all things gluten free!
Gluten-free Funhttp://glutenfreefun.blogspot.com/ Don’t just settle into living a boring gluten-free life. Let’s talk gluten-free fun… food, restaurants, recipes, and more
Gluten Free Girlhttp://glutenfreegirl.com/ The sweet life, gluten-free. Love to cook and bake? So do we. Let’s talk.
No Gluten, No Problemhttp://nogluten-noproblem.com/ No Gluten, No Problem is the blog of Kelli and Peter Bronski. We regularly share new gluten-free recipes, nutrition and lifestyle commentary, and much more. But gluten? Fuggedaboutit…
Celiac Chickshttp://www.celiacchicks.com/ The guide to a hip and healthy gluten-free lifestyle featuring gluten-free recipes, gluten-free restaurants, gluten-free menus, gluten-free bakeries and more!
Poor & Gluten Freehttp://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/ This blog posts info on allergies, cooking and recipes, healthy living reviews of products and restaurants and other things pertaining to a gluten-free lifestyle that might help others!
Against All Grainhttp://againstallgrain.com/blog/ Author of the New York Times Best Selling cookbook Against all Grain, Danielle Walker provides recipes that are grain-free, refined sugar-free, and lactose-free. Perfect for Paleo, Gluten-Free, SCD, and GAPS.
PALEO (AND AIP)
Elana's Pantryhttp://elanaspantry.com/ Author of New York Times best-selling cookbook Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry.
Bravo for Paleohttp://bravoforpaleo.com/ Blog about all things Health & Nutrition, Future Doctor looking to change the way people eat.
Autoimmune Paleohttp://autoimmune-paleo.com/ Information about an allergen-free approach to managing chronic illness.
The Paleo Momhttp://www.thepaleomom.com/ Sarah Ballantyne, Ph.D. is the creator of the award-winning online resource ThePaleoMom.com; cohost of the syndicated top-rated The Paleo View podcast; and New York Times bestselling author of The Paleo Approach and The Paleo Approach Cookbook.
A Clean Platehttp://www.acleanplate.com/ A Clean Plate offers simple allergen-free recipes and lifestyle guides to help recover from chronic illness.
Mark's Daily Applehttp://www.marksdailyapple.com/ Serving up health and fitness insights (daily, of course) with a side of irreverence.
Robb Wolfhttp://robbwolf.com/ Robb Wolf, a former research biochemist, is one of the world’s leading experts in Paleolithic nutrition. A student of Prof. Loren Cordain, author of The Paleo Diet, Wolf has transformed the lives of tens of thousands of people around the world via his top ranked iTunes podcast and wildly popular seminar series.
The Paleo Diethttp://thepaleodiet.com/ The Paleo Diet is based upon the fundamental concept that the optimal diet is the one to which we are genetically adapted, in theory.
Nom Nom Paleo®http://nomnompaleo.com/ Michelle Tam is the food nerd and working mom behind Nom Nom Paleo, a leading food blog. The Kitchn has heralded Michelle’s recipes as “often Asian-influenced, often California-inspired, and always popping with flavor,” and in 2012, Saveur Magazine recognized her site as the world’s Best Special Diets Food Blog.
PaleOMGhttp://paleomg.com/ PaleOMG was created to inspire, make you smile, and change your meals for the better. If you are not laughing during a post or feeling uncomfortable when I talk about my love life (lack there of), I am doing something wrong. This blog is here to help you believe in your health, believe in your abilities in the kitchen as well as the gym, and believe in yourself during your quest for personal excellence.
Rubies & Radisheshttp://www.rubiesandradishes.com/ Real-food and healthy living obsessed. This blog shares paleo and gluten-free recipes, tips and general heath and wellness information.
Real Food Lizhttp://realfoodliz.com/ Nutrition, natural skincare & healthy baby makin’! Grab her best-selling book Eat the Yolks & look for the Baby Making & Beyond program in late 2015!
- Healthy vegetarian recipes by David, Luise and Elsa.
- Earthsprout is a company full of inspiration and motivation that hands you keys for living in your fullest potential! Natural nutrition, Gardening, Raw Foods and Holistic health. Playful and full of passion for You and our Mother Earth!
- Spreading vegetable love. Digitally.
- Oh My Veggies is a vegetarian food blog with a focus on easy recipes made with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Cookie and Kate is a healthy food blog that celebrates whole foods with fresh vegetarian recipes.
- Healthy recipes for every season.
- Mother and Daughter, Janey and Bibi, writing delicious veggie recipes for fuelling your life, along with training tips and running tales.
- A whole foods focused blog with the intention of encouraging people to eat real foods.
- The Gluten-Free Vegan Girl is on a mission to make healthy, vegan and gluten-free cooking exciting, easy, affordable and above all: TASTY!
- Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen is a food blog focusing on using natural, whole foods to create healthy recipes so Sinlessly Delicious that you’ll never miss the fat!
- An award-winning vegan recipe website that will please vegans and omnivores alike.
- A blog about mainly raw, always vegan recipes; and the awesome lifestyle that comes with eating plants.
- Healthy Easy Delicious Gluten-Free Vegan Vegetarian Recipes by Cookbook Author and Food Photographer Allyson Kramer.
- Author of My Sweet Vegan has created this blog to share some of her favorite dessert recipes.
- Promoting Veganism and enhancing the Vegan lifestyle choice by sharing information and products that are useful, enjoyable and animal free.
- Choosing Raw is a website devoted to simple, nourishing, and delicious vegan and raw food recipes, compassionate living, and healthy body image.
- Unbleached, unprocessed and cruelty-free: Unrefined plant-based recipes to nurture body, brain, and conscience.
- The personal lifestyle blog of a vegan lady passionate about leading a healthy, beautiful, cruelty-free life.
- Vegan cooking blog specializing in homemade meals and desserts inspired by the classics.
- Weekly recipes for delicious food that happens to be good for you!
NUTRITION SCIENCE NEWS
- Medical Research News. Health news on everything from cancer to nutrition. Updated daily.
- Health resources and personalized health tools. Information and news on depression, digestive health, diabetes, breast cancer, cardiovascular health, and more.
- Information on the benefits of nutrient-dense foods and the foundation’s agenda in the areas of education and research.
- Food & Nutrition Magazine is published by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals.
- Practical articles on homemade, natural living that help you create your own cleaning and beauty products, grow better gardens, make better food, and more.
- Wellness Mama provides simple answers for healthier families through her health articles, DIY and beauty tutorials, recipes, natural remedies, and podcast.
- Traditional diet and holistic wellness blog.
- A blog about Organic Food, Nutrition and Healthy Living.
- Busting “politically correct” health and nutrition myths.
- (Disclaimer: Shannon does a wonderful job coordinating the CFH blog but also has her own!) Interested in sustainability, homesteading, raw milk, pastured animal fats, fermented foods, and off-grid living? So are we…
- Challenging politically correct nutrition.
- Raise, save, and prep “God’s natural, organic, whole foods, grown locally, in season.”
- Recipes & Stories for Happy Folks.
- Warning – NSFW language! Verbally abusing everyone into a healthier diet.
- A family with 2 young children in Charlotte, NC took a 100 Days of Real Food pledge. They didn’t eat a single ounce of processed food or refined ingredients for 100 days in the hopes that they would inspire people to follow suit.
- Helping people make safe, naturally fermented foods like kimchi, kefir, sauerkraut, pickles, miso and vinegar.