No one wants to cook the day after Thanksgiving, even to warm up leftovers. This simple salad can be thrown together and stored in a jar in the refrigerator for easy sandwiches, or simply served with crackers and milk.
- Enough shredded cold turkey to fill one quart jar
- 1/3 cup lacto-fermented pickle relish
- 4 heaping Tbsp. lacto-fermented mayonnaise
- 1 small Roma tomato, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika, if desired
- Empty the jar of turkey into a large bowl, and stir in the relish, mayo, chopped tomato, and onion. Season to taste.
- A number of things can be added to this salad, such as any leftovers you think might go well in it or any ferments you want to finish off. You can even chop up peppers or add a spoonful of lacto-fermented salsa to it to spice it up.
- Pack the salad into one or two cleaned jars. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. It is best to make this salad at least an hour beforehand so that the flavors can meld a little in the refrigerator before eating.
Will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.