Kefir, with its unmistakable tang, lends itself well to lemon-flavored ice cream. This lemon-blueberry ice cream pairs three of the most complementary flavors in the food world into one creamy, rich dessert.
- 2 cups milk kefir (replace 1 cup with kefir cheese for extra creaminess)
- 1 cup cream
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- Combine kefir, cream, lemon zest, and sweetener in a large bowl. Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Once the mixture is fully chilled, pour into ice cream maker and churn. Add blueberries to churning ice cream towards the end of the churning process to ensure that they do not sink or turn the ice cream blue.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker’s instructions.
- No ice cream maker? Choose an option in our article on How to Make Cultured Ice Cream Without a Machine.