- 750 mL bottle red wine
- 1/4 cup kombucha
- 1/8 cup filtered water
Recipe Notes INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a tall glass canning jar or equivalent, add the wine. Add ¼ cup kombucha and 1/8 cup water. Stir well and place cheese cloth or a tea towel over the top. Screw on the jar ring or secure cloth with a rubber band.
- Label the jars with a start date and store in a dark place, ideally 68°–75°. For 2 days, replace the lids and shake each jar once a day. Between shaking, place the cheesecloth or towel to let it circulate and culture.
- After the two day period, leave it in it’s dark place for the next 2 weeks and up to 2 months.
- Taste periodically with a clean spoon starting at week two.
- After your storing period, transfer vinegar to smaller flip-top bottles for your kitchen use or share the love with friends and family.
- Continue to store in a cool place for 6–8 months.