Hearing someone say that you should eat cultured foods at every meal can sound so daunting. It feels like just one more thing to add to your to-do list. In reality though, it’s as simple as you let it be!
Try making a double batch of this yogurt-garlic sauce. It’s very simple, can be made with a host of replacements (try it with kefir and buttermilk too), and can be dressed up four meals in a row with a delicious cultured sauce that you only have to make once.
These meals were back to back (with breakfast in between) and everyone agreed we couldn’t get enough of this sauce, despite it appearing over and over again at our table. Here’s the recipe and how it became the culture at meals…
- Meal one: Acted as the dip to raw veggies along with a pot of tomato soup.
- Meal two: A few tablespoons drizzled over lentil soup that was cooled to just warm, so as to not kill the culture.
- Meal three: Topped a baked potato along with spicy sausage and broccoli, again cooled a bit.
Meal four: The last of the jar was used as a dressing for a shredded cabbage and carrot salad that went along with a pot of beans.
- 2 cups full-fat yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley or dill
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Taste and adjust salt and vinegar accordingly.
- Wait at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to develop.