These pancakes are higher in protein than most pancakes with the addition of cottage cheese and eggs. They don’t need any topping other than a little fresh cultured butter, but a blueberry sauce will make an extra special breakfast treat! Make these pancakes small and leave plenty of space between them on the griddle because they spread a lot as they cook.
- 1½ cups homemade cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. sprouted brown rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot or tapioca powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Coconut oil for frying
- In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and honey. In a smaller bowl stir together flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into cottage cheese mixture and stir to combine. Fold in blueberries.
Brush coconut oil over surface of griddle, preheated to 325°F. Drop spoonfuls of batter on the griddle and cook until bubbles start to break on surface; turn and cook until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Be careful not to let the griddle get too hot or the pancakes will burn on the surface before they are done on the inside.