Sprouted and full of both flavor and nutrition, this vegan pate makes a delicious dip or spread. This dish is best made with sunflower seeds which have just begun to release their sprout tail.
- 4 cups sprouted sunflower seeds
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until all ingredients are roughly chopped. Scrape down the sides and continue to blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the machine as needed.
- Scrape the pâté from the food processor and taste. Add additional salt as needed.
Serve as a dip or a spread for raw lettuce, nori, or collard wraps.