Traditionally sprouts hummus is made with garbanzo beans. Sprout them first, for easier digestion.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPROUTS HUMMUS RECIPE:
- 2 cups sprouted garbanzo beans
- 2 Tbsp. tahini sesame paste
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
INSTRUCTIONS IN MAKING SPROUTS HUMMUS:
- Cook sprouted garbanzo beans until soft. Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients to desired consistency using a food processor.
- Drizzle with more olive oil, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or raw veggies as a dip, or spread hummus on flour tortilla, top with alfalfa or radish sprouts and roll it up.