These crackers are a delicious medium for cultured spreads, dips, and soft cheeses. Plus they are a great way to use up extra whey from making homemade yogurt starter.
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 4-6 Tbsp. whey
- 1/2 cup toasted flax or sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sift flour, sesame seeds, and salt together. Add oil and blend with a fork.
- Add whey slowly, mixing in with a fork or clean hands. Do this until a ball can be formed with the dough.
- Cover mixing bowl with a damp cloth and let sit 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly dust the counter top or a wooden cutting board with flour. Roll the dough out as thin as possible and cut into 3-inch squares.
- Place squares on a well-oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from heat, and cool completely before eating or storing.