When it is too cold to go outside and the days are just starting to lengthen, baking near a warm oven is a nice reprieve for icy fingers and toes. This simple oatmeal yogurt muffins recipe fits the bill perfectly. Warm out of then oven and spread with butter, these make a great breakfast addition or just a lovely snack. Filling bellies can be tricky when little ones are burning through so many calories in an effort to just stay warm. So, why not give them something delicious and soaked, making them easy on the belly too?
We want to help you make your mornings a little bit easier by giving you the recipes you need to make your yogurt oatmeal muffins at home. Click to Download our Yogurt Recipe book today!
INGREDIENTS FOR OATMEAL YOGURT MUFFINS RECIPE:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white flour or whole wheat pastry flour (or combination)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)v
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE YOGURT OATMEAL MUFFINS:
- Prior to baking, combine the oats, flour, and yogurt, cover the bowl and soak for 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full.
Bake 15-20 minutes, until muffins are set and lightly browned.