WHY SPROUTING CHIA SEEDS AT HOME?
Chia seeds, a superfood once a staple in ancient cultures, have gained recent popularity. They are rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Thanks to their mucilaginous properties, they create a wonderful pudding! However, transforming chia seeds into chia sprouts can be a bit tricky due to these same properties.
Seeds such as chia, flax, and other mucilaginous seeds are best sprouted on unglazed clay or terra cotta (think Chia Pet!). So today, we're showing you exactly how to grow chia seeds into chia sprouts at home!
Discover the multitude of recipes you can create with chia seeds.Download our diverse range of Cookbooks packed with tips, tricks, and recipes for every occasion. Get your free copy today and begin your journey on how to sprout chia seeds!
THE PROCESS: HOW TO GROW CHIA SEEDS INTO CHIA SPROUTS
- Sprinkle a thin layer of chia seeds on the bottom of a terra cotta dish.
- Set the terra cotta dish in a larger plate of water.
- Cover with another plate.
- As the terra cotta dish soaks up water from the plate below, it provides the perfect amount of water to sprout the chia seeds.
- On the second and third days, lightly mist the seeds with fresh, clean water.
- Chia sprouts are ready to harvest in 2-3 days.
A DIFFERENT METHOD ON HOW.TO SPROUT CHIA SEEDS
- Lay a nylon or linen cloth on a plate.
- Spray a fine mist of water onto the cloth.
- Sprinkle a layer of chia seeds on top of the cloth. Mist seeds lightly with fresh, clean water.
- Cover with another plate. Mist lightly once per day.
- Chia seeds sprouts are ready to harvest in 2-3 days.
TRY SPROUTING CHIA SEEDS!
Try these popular sprouting seeds today! Cultures for Health offers a large selection of seeds for sprouting at home. From the tools of the trade to seeds to all-in-one kits, we're your one-stop shop for all things cultures,fermentation supplies, andsprouting supplies.
Did you know? Chia sprouts are not only easy to grow but are also highly nutritious. They contain high levels of dietary fiber, protein, and a variety of beneficial plant compounds, including antioxidants. Consuming them regularly can be a simple way to provide your body with a boost of essential nutrients.
Try some of our best-selling sprouting seeds below now!
Would you love to know how to grow chia seeds at home? Download our Cookbooks today and start growing your chia seeds!
Chia sprouts can also be incorporated into your diet in various ways. They make a great addition to salads, sandwiches, and smoothies. You can even use them as a garnish for your main dishes. The possibilities are endless when you learn how to sprout chia seeds at home.
So, ready to start sprouting chia seeds? We believe you'll find the process both enjoyable and rewarding. Not only will you have the satisfaction of growing your own sprouts, but you'll also reap the health benefits of these nutritious little powerhouses.