Yogurt is a delicious way to boost probiotic intake. It can be a meal by itself, or it can be a topping, side, or even an ingredient.
Here are the five ways to enhance the creamy flavored yogurt:
SWEETEN IT UP YOUR FLAVORED YOGURT!
Add a spoonful of jam or fresh fruit to replicate popular commercial yogurts. Start with 1 tablespoon per cup and adjust to taste.
Cut up, mashed, or pureed fruit or fruit juice
Jam, Jelly or marmalade
Add Sugar, honey, maple syrup or any other sweetener to taste.
Flavor extracts. Add 2-3 drops of extract per cup of yogurt and adjust to taste.
Coffee flavoring syrups expand the flavoring possibilities and can be used as well.
Greek Yogurt Starter Culture
GO SAVORY YOUR FLAVORED YOGURT!
- Herbs. Adding herbs to yogurt is an easy way to make an instant salad dressing, meat topping or vegetable dip. Combinations to try are
- Lemon and dill (for fish)
- Oregano and tomato (toss in a pasta salad)
- Basil and parmesan (serve with fresh or roasted summer vegetables)
- Salt and pepper (use plain or with cucumbers)
- Herbs de Provence (brighten up leftovers)
- Thyme and sage (perfect accompaniment to roast chicken)
Click here to get our flavored yogurt recipe e-book with all the information and recipes you need to make fantastic yogurt dishes at home.
GO BEYOND BASIC YOGURT FLAVORING
Try using yogurt in one of these recipes to create a more sophisticated yogurt dish.
Click to know more about yogurt marinade for chicken and coconut yogurt recipe.