You don't even have to own a panini press to make this tasty goat cheese panini recipe. A flat, round, cast-iron pan, known as a comal, is traditionally used to make tortillas or to sear meat, but is perfect for making your own paninis. It makes just as delicious of a standard panini, but without the special equipment.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1 ounce goat cheese (any soft variety works)
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 (4-ounce) grilled chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and melt butter.
- Brush the bread with melted butter, then place one slice of brushed bread on the skillet to toast.
- While the bread is toasting, spread it with goat cheese, sprinkle with basil, top with tomatoes, and finally place the chicken on top, followed by the other piece of bread.
- Flip the sandwich, toasting on both sides and using a metal spatula to compress so as to melt the cheese and meld the flavors.
Cut in half and serve warm with fresh fruit or veggies.