Seems like every restaurant is making their own version of a spicy chicken sandwich! We decided to do our twist on the classic chicken sandwich—our gut-healthy spicy chicken sandwich recipe.
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AT CULTURES FOR HEALTH
Artisan Sourdough Bread Kit
Artisan Sourdough Bread Kit
This sourdough bread kit contains everything you need to get started making beautiful, tasty, artisan-style sourdough bread at home!
Equipment in the sourdough bread starter kit may appear different than pictured.
Matsoni Yogurt Starter Culture
Heirloom Matsoni Yogurt Starter Culture
It’s about time Cultures For Health finally jumped on the spicy chicken sandwich trend! We have created the perfect recipe through a lot of trial and error. If you are ready to learn how to make this gut-healthy spicy chicken sandwich recipe, keep reading…
Download our Cookbooks today for a delicious, gut-healthy meal! Our cookbooks are packed with nutritious and delicious recipes that will help you achieve your health goals. From breakfast to dinner, we’ve got you covered!
Equipment To Make Our Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Large bowl to marinate chicken
- Plastic wrap to cover the bowl
- Cutting board
- Another bowl for spicy sauce
- Measuring cups
- Butter knife
- Sourdough Starter Kit
- Sauerkraut Kit
Gut-Healthy Spicy Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
These are all of the ingredients needed to make our spicy chicken sandwich and you will find directions for each component (chicken, spread,etc.) in the instructions.
- 2 cups of yogurt. We used Matsoni, but you can use whatever kind you like!
- ½ cup of fermented hot sauce mash
- 2 tbsp of salt
- ¾ tsp of pepper
- ¾ tsp of garlic powder
- ¾ tsp of onion powder
- 2 lbs of chicken breast
- 1 cup of kefir cheese
- Splash of milk
- 2 and ⅓ cups of sourdough starter
- 3 and ⅓ cups of flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 to 4 serrano peppers
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 3% brine
Download our cookbooks now and get started on your path to better health!
How To Make a Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Start by fermenting your spicy cilantro lime sauerkraut. This recipe has become a favorite at Cultures For Health. It is light and spicy and packed full of flavor.
- Complete your basic sourdough recipe for the bread of your spicy chicken sandwich.
- Next, marinate your chicken in the spicy yogurt marinade for chicken.
- Allow your chicken to marinate for 1 to 4 hours—1 hour if you are in a rush to start dinner and 4 hours if you really want that spicy kick in your sandwich.
- While the chicken is marinating, make your kefir cheese spicy sandwich spread.
- After the chicken has marinated, cook it whatever way you prefer.
- Assemble the gut-healthy spicy chicken sandwich—kefir cheese spread on the sourdough, chicken placed lovingly, then topped with sauerkraut and fermented peppers.
Now you are all set to create this classic spicy chicken sandwich with that gut-healthy twist. We hope you enjoy trying it out. Share your results with us on Instagram at @culturesforhealth.