Flavoring kombucha is a fun way to keep your family excited about culturing. One of the easiest ways to make flavored fruity kombucha is to use fruit juice. Use any juice — store-bought or fresh squeezed. Here are a few ideas...
- Grape juice
- Apple juice
- Strawberry or other berry juice
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Vegetable juices
- 2-3 Tbsp. fruit juice
- Enough freshly brewed kombucha to fill a pint-sized container
- Add fruit juice to a pint-size vessel. Fill the rest of the bottle with freshly brewed kombucha, leaving about 1/2 inch headspace.
- Cap tightly and leave in a warm place to culture up to 14 days, depending on the temperature. Once kombucha is carbonated to your liking, transfer to the refrigerator.
- Serve cold, over ice if desired.