Peanut butter has a well-known affinity for chocolate. Peanut butter also has an affinity for tangy cultured milk. The tang cuts through the richness of the nut butter and the vanilla is just the thing to pull it all together.
- 2 cups milk kefir (replace 1 cup with kefir cheese for an ultra-creamy result)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl whisk together kefir, cream, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla, and honey.
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Once mixture is thoroughly chilled, transfer to ice cream maker and begin churning. Once ice cream is nearly finished churning, pour in chocolate chips, or follow manufacturer’s instructions for add-ins, and continue churning.
- Serve as a soft-serve ice cream or harden in freezer.
No ice cream maker? Choose an option in our article on How to Make Cultured Ice Cream Without a Machine.