Tired of the same old mayo? Liven things up with this sour cream-based spread, for a rich, thick mayonnaise that adds flavor to any sandwich.
- 1 cup thick sour cream (you can also use yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small stainless bowl, beat together sour cream, mustard, and egg yolks.
- Slowly add the olive oil, alternating with vinegar, stirring between each addition. A hand-crank eggbeater or wire whisk works well for this step.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least four hours before serving.
- You can add anything to your sour cream mayo: herbs, spices, garlic, onions… anything! If the mayo turned out too thin for your liking, you can either add more sour cream to thicken it, or just use it as a delicious chilled salad dressing.