Dry curd cottage cheese is easy to make, and since it is not readily available in most supermarkets, it pays to learn how to make your own. Vary the vegetables in this quiche to fit your taste preference.
The rice flour and baking powder can be omitted for a completely grain free and GAPS- or SCD-legal dish
- Butter a 9x13-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet or the oven. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Crumble the bacon when it has cooled.
- Break eggs into a large bowl. Whisk until foamy. Stir in cheeses, crumbled bacon, artichoke hearts, and green onions. Add rice flour and baking powder, and stir to thoroughly combine. Add salt as needed.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake 35-45 minutes, until center is set and top is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serve hot, warm, or cold. Refrigerate any leftovers.