This snack recipe is a delightful fusion of western and eastern flavors, easy to make and even easier to eat!
- 2-4 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 1-3 tsp. yogurt or sour cream
- 1-2 pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 sushi nori sheet (seaweed wrappers)
- Bamboo sushi roller (optional)
- Add a little yogurt or sour cream to the cream cheese; mix well to make the cream cheese spreadable.
- Slice the jalapeños into thin strips.
- Spread a 1/4-inch thick layer of cream cheese mix on a nori wrapper, leaving about 1/2-inch of the wrapper free of spread on one end.
- Along the center of the roll, and parallel to the un-dressed end, make a line of jalapeño strips.
- Make another line of jalapeño strips halfway between the first strip and the end of the nori wrapper opposite the un-dressed end.
- Starting at the end with cream cheese spread, roll up the nori fairly tightly, making sure to keep the jalapeño strips from sliding around. Use a sushi roller for this, or just do it by hand.
- Run a wet finger along the un-dressed end of the nori to close up the roll.
Cut the roll into 1/2-inch sections and serve as bite-size snacks.