A Cultures for Health favorite, our team makes these muffins at least twice a week! Similar to our Kefir-Soaked Muffins recipe, this recipe is an easy way to use up extra milk kefir or milk leftover from activating your milk kefir grains. Grab a helping hand and you'll be ready to pop these delightful treats in the oven in under 5 minutes! They're that simple!
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 To 1 Baking flour (or gluten-free flour of choice)
- 2 cups milk kefir
- 2/3 cups honey or maple syrup
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 handful of add-ins of your choice (diced apple, chocolate chips, raisins, orange zest, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix together gluten-free baking flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk kefir, lightly beaten eggs, honey and melted butter or oil and mix.
- Add any additional desired ingredients such as raisins, chocolate chips, diced apples, etc.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tray that has been buttered or lined with paper liners. (Silicone muffin trays are especially handy!)
- Place in preheated oven and bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Enjoy your delicious, gluten-free kefir muffins!
We used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Baking flour in this recipe, but there are a handful of gluten-free flours out there that may also work spectacularly. Just keep in mind that this recipe was tested with only this brand, so the muffins *may* turn out differently with other gluten-free flours.