Is there anyone who doesn't love Banana Bread? Make it more moist and delicious with milk kefir.
- 1/2 cup milk kefir
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cup sugar (rapadura or Sucanat work well)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- If desired, 12 to 24 hours prior to making bread, mix the flour and kefir together. Cover and allow the flour to soak.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, bananas, and nuts.
- Add the kefir and flour mixture and mix just until blended. Add the baking soda and baking powder and mix just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-inch bread pan.
Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.