- 2 cups mixed sprouted beans
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or lard for frying
- Steam beans 10-15 minutes, or until soft.
- Combine all ingredients except the coconut oil in a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are ground into a coarse paste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add coconut oil or lard.
- Divide bean mixture into 8-10 burgers, depending on the size you prefer. Pat each burger into a 3-4 inch patty. Once the fat in the pan is hot, carefully place the burgers in the pan, filling the pan without overcrowding.
Fry the patties for 4-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Fry any remaining patties and serve atop bread or a salad with your favorite condiments.