The combination of orange and vanilla is a match made in heaven. It brings back memories of youthful summer days with an orange-cream ice pop in hand.
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AT CULTURES FOR HEALTH
- 3-1/2 cups water kefir
- Juice of 1-2 juicy oranges
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Remove water kefir grains from finished water kefir. Pour liquid into a quart-sized container.
- Juice the 2 small oranges and add to water kefir.
- Add vanilla.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight bottle.
- Ferment, tightly capped, at room temperature for 2-3 days, or until desired level of carbonation and sweetness is achieved.