Raita is a kind of East Indian salad that pairs well with curries or any spicy dish. It is traditionally made with only cucumbers, but this version adds a lot of versatility. It can also be eaten alone or served over meats and vegetables. Try some over scrambled eggs for a probiotic-rich breakfast treat.
Experience the excellent taste of our yogurt for yourself! Click to download our Yogurt Recipe book today, with tips and tricks for an easy-to-follow recipe; you can make this delicious dish in no time.
- Taste the diced cucumber to see if it is at all bitter. If so, sprinkle it with 1 tsp. of salt and set aside for 20 minutes to drain out some of the bitter juices. Rinse before using.
- Yogurt should be thick. If necessary, drain whey to thicken.
- Mix chopped tomato and cucumber together. Stir in chopped herbs and garlic; sprinkle in cumin and salt, then stir together until combined.
- Fold in Greek yogurt and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds just before serving.
Want to start making your homemade yogurt? Click the link to download our Yogurt Guide and Recipe book below and make your tomato raita with Greek yogurt today!