The Waldorf salad is a lovely combination of sweet, savory, and rich ingredients. Using kefir and sour cream, it comes alive with the tang and probiotics found in cultured dairy.
- 4 red-skinned apples, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup purple grapes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup milk kefir
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Butter head lettuce leaves for serving
- Combine apples, walnuts, celery and grapes in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl mix milk kefir, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Pour wet ingredients over fruit mix and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve scoops of this salad in small butter lettuce leaves.