Here’s a salad dressing you can feel good about feeding to your family. It is easy to make, full of healthy probiotics, and has a taste kids love. Use it to dress a salad or as a dip for vegetables.
- 1 cup lacto-fermented olive oil mayonnaise
- ½-1 cup cultured buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. organic onion powder
- 1 tsp. organic dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp. organic dried parsley
- ½ tsp. organic dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Stir in ½ cup buttermilk, adding more to get the consistency you prefer.
- Blend in the garlic and herbs; mix well. Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
Use within 1 week if buttermilk is made from raw milk. It is normal for the dressing to get thinner the longer it is stored, so making a fairly thick dressing is recommended if not using right away.