This pizza crust recipe is reminiscent of those thin-crusted frozen or take-out pizzas we all know and love. Top with your favorite toppings and you can still slice and hold these tasty pieces of pizza.
- 1 cup fresh brown rice sourdough starter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups millet flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sourdough starter, olive oil, and water.
- Mix in flours, salt, and xanthan gum, in that order. Mix well with a wooden spoon for several minutes. Cover and sour 8-18 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 450°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare a small bowl of water to help keep the dough from sticking to your fingers. Place half the dough on each prepared baking sheet. Spread the dough out with your fingers, dampening them as needed, until dough is spread out as thin as possible without any holes.
Place crust in oven and bake 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is browning around the edges and is firm. Top with sauce, cheese, and favorite toppings and return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until toppings have cooked and melted.