- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and butter until well combined.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- If frosting is too thick, spoon in more sour cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread on cooled cake or cupcakes and top with cinnamon or bits of grated carrot, or just leave it plain.
HOMEMADE SOUR CREAM WITH CULTURES FOR HEALTH
Now that you know how to make vanilla frosting with sour cream, why not take your fermentation game to the next level by making your own sour cream!
Cultures for Health has the largest selection of starter cultures and fermentation equipment to choose from, including our amazing Sour Cream Starter Culture.
This kit gives you 4 packets of freeze dried sour cream starter culture, making this kit last for at least 25 years. This kit also comes with detailed instructions so that you know exactly what to do. Whenever you want to make some, it will be there for you to use.
We also have all of the tools you’ll need for any type of cultures you want to start or fermentation. Cultures for Health is your one-stop-shop for everything you need!
If you’re ready to start making your own sour cream at home now, click here to check out our Sour Cream Starter Culture now!