This preservative- and additive-free homemade nut milk works great for drinking or culturing. Try it with our Raw Almond Milk Yogurt Recipe. NOTE: Cashew milk is made differently from other nut milks.
- 1 cup raw, unsalted nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, pecans, macadamia, walnuts)
- 2-3 cups water for soaking the nuts
- 4 cups water for blending
- Soak the nuts in 2-3 cups water overnight.
- Drain and discard water.
- Blend nuts with 4 cups water until almost smooth.
- Strain the blended nut mixture using butter muslin or a nut milk bag. A tight-weave cloth is preferable, as twisting the top tightly enables you to continue squeezing out more milk.
- Refrigerate. The milk will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.