Tempeh is a versatile cultured food. It can be used in place of meat in most dishes, and is wonderful prepared simply and dipped in your favorite dip. For your next get-together, how about a large platter of tempeh with a selection of cultured dips to please even the pickiest eaters?
- 1 recipe tempeh or 16 ounces purchased tempeh
- Oil for frying
- Cut the tempeh into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in the pan to 375°F or until a cube dropped in sizzles and rises.
- Fry the tempeh in small batches until golden brown on the edges. Drain on a paper-lined platter.
- Add the fried tempeh to your favorite recipe.
To serve appetizer style, arrange the fried tempeh on a clean platter with toothpicks or small forks. Set out your bowls of dressings and dips. Here are some ideas to get you started...
SAUCES AND DIPS FOR SERVING TEMPEH
- Kombucha BBQ Sauce
- Quick Thai Peanut Sauce
- Lacto-fermented Habañero Garlic Hot Sauce
- Yogurt Tzatziki Sauce (you can use vegan yogurt for a dairy-free sauce)
- Versatile Yogurt-Garlic Sauce
- Cultured Dairy Onion Dip (again, use vegan yogurt for a dairy-free dip)
- Probiotic Guacamole or Bean Dip
- Water Kefir Honey Mustard Dressing
- Kombucha Mustard-Garlic Salad Dressing
- Asian-inspired Kombucha Dressing